On January 10, 2022, CEED Bulgaria launched the implementation of the project “Virtual Tour – Unknown Sofia” with the financial support of Sofia Municipality – Program “Europe” 2021. The project aims to implement active actions to promote the idea of rediscovering Sofia and its little-known historical, architectural, cultural and artistic monuments and landmarks.
The creation of a website and mobile application will provide an opportunity for citizens and visitors to Sofia to share information and feedback about the landmarks, thus supporting the process of promoting tourist routes in the city and local cultural, historical and tourist attractions. The aim is to increase the awareness of the capital through an interactive experience and create a stable basis for public support and empathy, as well as stability, sustainability and future multiplication of the expected results. The planned goals and results should be achieved by the beginning of May 2022.
The planned project activities include:
- Analysis and research of appropriate historical, architectural, cultural and artistic places and objects on the territory of Sofia;
- Formation of public and civic interest in the identified sites;
- Creating and promoting a website with a description and information about the identified places and objects of increased public interest;
- Creation and distribution of a mobile application / application with the identified landmarks / routes;
- Publicity and public information activities.
Link to the project website: https://unknown-sofia.com/
Using the QR code displayed below, you get direct access to the website, where you will find buttons to download the mobile application for the project, developed for both operating systems – Android and iOS.