Period of implementation: May 2020 – December 2021
Partners: VRT Sandbox, Media City Bergen, Thermi Group, Athens Technology Center, Cluster Sofia Knowledge City, FastTrack, and F6S
In 2020 CEED Bulgaria joined as an associate partner in the implementation of the project “Media Motor Europe” as part of the Innovation hub – cluster “Sofia – a city of knowledge”, which has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020. The project aims to build a strong European ecosystem fostering media and the creative industries. “Media Motor Europe” gives opportunities to grow, access to a Media community, connect with a vibrant and international ecosystem.
MME is looking for innovative European startups addressing some of the biggest challenges and needs facing the media sector, such as:
- The fight against lack of information and fake news
- Improved accessibility and inclusion of media services for people with disabilities
- More advanced human-machine interaction
- Better protection of personal data through new technologies
- Transition to the market driven by data, media 4.0
MediaMotorEurope will launch three open calls in 2020 and 2021, selecting and supporting the development of a total of 60 start-ups. A package of services is provided within three intensive six-month accelerator programs until the end of 2021, under which each of the entrepreneurs (startups / scales) included in the program will receive the following:
- specialized business coaching for business growth and entering new promising markets through market analysis and evaluation, product market profiling, marketing, legal aspects, fundraising skills “pitching”, product development, strategic management, UX design, and other;
- access to a wide international network of highly qualified mentors, consultants and experts with extensive experience and capabilities in the field of media industry, high technology, business development and the application of market and financial models;
- positioning on the global market of the creative and media industries and establishing business contacts with at least three corporate clients;
- access to a network of international investors and assistance in attracting investments necessary for their technological development and market growth.
- opportunity to present the developed products / services at significant media events and specialized conferences having a strong impact on the industry.
For more information: